Despite my delight in AT-43 being pre-painted, I find that I have too many UNA troops to be useful in a skirmish game. This is due to having bought two starter sets some years back. So I have repainted some in a simple scheme, again using the dipping technique with Wattyl Walnut Stain & Varnish. This time I used a brush to apply the varnish rather than dip. BUt the result is the same: good shading with a minimum of effort.
Next of the to do list I have some ECW cavalry by Eureka (Gordon’s Horse), Swashbucklers from Brigade, peasants from both Foundry and Mega Miniatures, and some Bundeswehr troopers from Eureka. Not necessarily in that order.